Students from EU/EEA States with proper state health insurance in their homeland, require a European Health Insurance Card issued by their homeland health insurer before entry to Austria.

If you are state insured in a country with a Social Security Agreement with Austria (these are currently Bosnia, Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary), you must bring the Form A3 of your national health insurer with you. This form must be exchanged for a Krankenschein (“health insurance voucher”) at the responsible Austrian Health Insurance Fund (WGKK, Wienerbergstrasse 15-19, 1100 Vienna, tel.: 01/60122-3186).

For further information go to: